Ms. Nehme is a member of Sharq Law Firm’s Construction and Arbitration team, having joined the practice in July 2023. She holds two master’s degrees from Lebanese University: a Research Master and a Master in Commercial Law.
Within the team, Ms. Nehme advises contractors and developers on a range of contentious and non-contentious issues. Her expertise includes domestic and international arbitration, as well as providing guidance on construction contracts and Qatari law.
Sara is also fluent in both English and Arabic.
• Involved in a DIAC Arbitration representing four Respondents, with the arbitration seated in Cyprus. This commercial dispute involves an amount exceeding QAR 150 million.
• Serving as the primary liaison between an English language department and a predominantly Arabic-speaking department.
• Providing assistance in a QICCA arbitration between a developer and a service provider, centred around a dispute over facilities management services.
• Involved in construction arbitration matters between employers and main contractors.
• Participating in a QICCA arbitration concerning the development of residential high-rise buildings in Doha between a developer and the main contractor.
• Drafting legal opinions on aspects of Qatari law, with a particular emphasis on construction and real estate contracts.
• Coordinating with both technical and legal experts, including specialists in quantum, delay, and architecture.
• Supporting counsel with legal research and proactively monitoring legislative changes.
• Offering advice on FIDIC contracts.