Rashid Al Saad
Rashid Al Saad was previously General Counsel at Qatari Diar and Qatar Rail. His experience covers Construction, Hotels, Arbitration & Litigation, Transactions, Estate, Corporate as well as Project Finance.
He has been instrumental in drafting and negotiating agreements for some of the most sophisticated transactions in Qatar.
He has extensive knowledge and experience in major infrastructure projects, rail projects and large-scale commercial transactions, particularly cross-border transactions and ventures, outsourcings and Public Private Partnership (“PPP”) projects in the State of Qatar and abroad. He also specializes in real estate.
His major contributions are:
- led the legal team comprised of several law firms through the Baladna IPO,
- structured the Ministry of Finances bond issuance for USD 12 billion, and · Advised Hamad Medical Corporation on various cases.
- Designed the legal panel services for Qatar Rail.
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)-Transactions regarding transfer of several assets
- Qatar Property Management – Representing Client in an Arbitration matter at the ICC
- Qatar Railways – Advising Qatar Railways on setting up a Real Estate fund in Qatar Worked with Qatari Diar on global deals relating to the Chelsea Barracks transaction
- Advised Doha Bank
- Lead lawyer in the acquisition of business & assets by Qatar Investment Authority
- Led the team responsible for drafting the yellow FIDIC Contract for all contracting packaging of Qatar Rail projects
- Advisory Board member of Qatar Financial Centre
He specializes in complex transactions above QAR 100 million and is an expert at coordinating between high-level State and Executive leadership.