Perla El Mardini
Perla graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from Notre Dame University in Lebanon where she had studied the curriculum of both the common and civil law systems. Prior to joining Sharq Law Firm, she had gained legal experience through interning at local law offices and the legal departments of international companies. During her university experience she had competed in one of the largest moot court competitions, the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, where she won the Lebanese National Rounds and qualified to the International Rounds in Washington D.C.
- Conducted research in corporate, commercial, media, technology, and civil matters.
- Assisted in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating corporate agreements and documents such as shareholders agreements.
- Conducted due diligence processes in acquisitions, mergers, and new markets.
- Assisted in consulting and advising clients regarding corporate and commercial related activities.
- Assisted in reviewing, drafting, advising and negotiating on a diverse range of contracts and legal documents.
- Won the Lebanese National Rounds of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition along with the Best Memorial Award; and qualified to the International Rounds in Washington D.C.
- Judged the 2021 and 2022 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and the Egypt National Rounds.
- Pleaded arguments in a simulated trial before the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and gained an increased understanding of international laws, the ICJ, and the United Nations.
- Ranked 10th in the T.M.C. Asser Instituu Inter-University Programme which offers Lebanese students the chance to follow lectures on international criminal law and procedure from the Asser Institue – The Hague.