Rashid Al Saad
Rashid Al Saad was previously General Counsel at Qatari Diar and Qatar Rail. His experience covers all areas of Construction, Hotels, Arbitration & Litigation, Transactions, Estate, Corporate as well as Project Finance.
He has been instrumental in drafting and negotiating agreements for some of the most sophisticated transactions in Qatar.
Mr. Al Saad has extensive knowledge and experience in major infrastructure projects, rail projects and large-scale commercial transactions, particularly cross-border transactions and ventures, outsourcings and Public Private Partner-ship (“PPP”) projects in the State of Qatar and abroad. He also specializes in real estate.
- Led Ruffles’ Hotels joint ventures with Qatari Diar.
- Acquisition of Barwa assets worth QAR 7 billion.
- Designed the legal panel services for Qatar Rail.
- Led the transaction of transferring Royal Monceau and Peninsula hotel to Katara hospitality.
- Worked with Qatari Diar on global deals relating to the Chelsea Barracks transaction.
- Advising on international real estate transactions, finance and acquisitions; establishing policies and procedures for Qatari Diar board and corporate; advising on the assignment of bidders for the main contracts of value USD 23 billion.
- Drafting contracts and agreements relating to Qatari Diar’s transaction to payout DBI (Deutsch Bahn International); Qatar Railway framework regulation; Railway law for land acquisition & tunneling; Main contract for metro-FIDIC.