Marwa Ali Bamatraf
Marwa advises international and local companies on corporate, regulatory and commercial matters as well as assisting clients in commercial and civil disputes.
Since joining Sharq Law Firm in 2017, Marwa has worked in the commercial, litigation and arbitration departments where she gained experience in various aspects of the law and gained skills from drafting and reviewing agreements to representing clients in the various stages of litigation.
In addition to her experience in commercial matters, she has experience in dealing and advising on capital market (including QFMA and QE regulations), governance of various forms of companies and has extensive experience in labour and civil laws.
Her major contributions are:
- Drafting and Reviewing a Facility Agreement as per the Islamic finance (Murabaha Agreement)
- Advised the State of Qatar acting through the Ministry of Finance on the issuance of bonds including reviewing and drafting prospectus, a Due Diligence and transactional documents on USD 12 billion international bond issuance in 2019 across five jurisdictions;
- Established a Public Shareholding Company owned by QP (QAMCO) including advising on the structure, review of prospectus and drafting the establishment documents (Capital of QAR 1 billion
- Restructured a Canadian college, drafted, and advised on the constitutional documents and agreements between the Canadian University and the Government of Qatar (see non-publishable matter )
- Conducted Due Diligence report for Deliveroo prospectus; Advised on Qatar Pharma & Baladna IPO
- Conducted a due diligence report for Qatar Investment Authority on a transfer of assets valued at QAR 6.7 Billion.
- Representing Energy City against Qatari Diar in the Qatari Courts in a claim of QAR 94mn
- Representing Black Cat in the Qatari Courts in a claim of QAR 100mn
- Representing a construction/contracting company in a litigation case with a claim amount of QAR 1.17bn.