Mr. Yusuf Ali is a UK qualified and practicing solicitor. He currently practices as an Associate in the Arbitration & Construction Department at Sharq Law Firm. Yusuf recently finished studying for an LLM in International Financial Law at King’s College London, with a focus on cross-border transactions, transactions between public-private entities and research focused on the growth of MENA nations in developing their economies.
- Representing the Claimant(s), two real estate developers, in two QICCA arbitrations concerning delays to a major real estate development in Qatar. The dispute value is circa QAR 800 million, the largest private arbitration claim in the history of the State of Qatar.
- Assisting colleagues in a dispute before the Qatari court of appeal regarding the construction of residential high-rise buildings in Qatar. The dispute value is over QAR 1 billion.
- Advising clients on the main forms of construction contracts, including the FIDIC suite and JCT, as well as bespoke and government forms of contract.
- Advised on and represented a multinational shipping company in a QICCA arbitration.
- Dealt with international disputes under cross-border agreements subject to arbitration, including in USA, Japan, and Dubai.
- Regularly advising a listed real estate company on construction claims, construction contracts and dispute avoidance.
- Represented FIFA in assessing FIFA’s requirements against the current applicable laws in the State of Qatar to host the World Cup 2022 and providing the organisation with the legal basis for any works or activities they wish to carry out in relation to the tournament.
- Advised several international companies in undertaking due diligence reviews in the State of Qatar.
- Advised government ministries on cross-border agreements.