Habin George Sebastian
Having worked for top-tier firms in the USA after attending Georgetown University – located in Washington D.C, and a successful career in the UAE, and India, Habin joined Sharq Law Firm’s Construction and Arbitration Department as an Associate Lawyer.
Habin is a member of American Bar Association (USA), Kerala State Bar Association (India), Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC-40-UAE), Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSIAC-Singapore), Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA- USA), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA-UK) Young International Arbitration Group, Georgetown International Arbitration Society.
Habin advises major developers, and contractors based in Qatar, and in the Middle East in contentious, and non-contentious construction matters. Prior to joining Sharq Law Firm, Mr. Sebastian represented and advised leading global Fortune500 companies in institutional and ad-hoc international arbitrations in divergent sectors ranging from highly complex multi-million-dollar construction and engineering disputes, high-value contract claims across various industries such as healthcare, real estates, maritime, etc. under the arbitral rules such as QICCA, DIFC-LCIA, SIAC, ICC, DIAC, FIDIC, ADCCAC, and UNCITRAL. In addition, Habin was appointed as the ‘Arbitral Tribunal Secretary’ to one of the leading international arbitral tribunals in the Middle East.
- – Representing a major Developer in an international arbitration, seated in Qatar under the QICCA Rules, concerning a dispute arising out of major FM contract.
- – Representing a Main Contractor, in an ICC Arbitration seated in Doha concerning payment of retention monies and progress payments to a subcontractor.
- – Assisting in a dispute between an Employer and Main Contractor concerning the construction of residential units. The dispute value is circa QAR 400 million and is before the QICCA.
- – Representing an Employer in a QICCA arbitration under QICCA rules concerning a dispute arising out of consultancy agreement for the construction of multiple properties in Qatar.
- – Represented and advised a leading healthcare multinational Fortune 500 company in a DIFC LCIA arbitration seated in Dubai relating to contract claims arising out of Master Service Agreement in the Middle East that has a claim value of mult- million US dollar.
- – Advised a multinational Shipping company in DIAC arbitration seated in Dubai relating to contract claims arising out of a Charter Agreement.
- – Represented and advised a Real Estate Developer Emirate of Dubai, in an ICC Arbitration seated in Dubai, as per the FIDIC Rules, in a dispute arising out of conditions of contract that has claim value of million US dollars.
- – Represented an investor from United States in Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), seated in Dubai relating to contract claims arising out of an Acquisition investment agreement where parties invested in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) that has a high value claim.
- – Advised and filed a Notice for Arbitration under the UNCITRAL Rules, for a Global Architecture and Design Company in Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC), in a contractual dispute arising out of Letter of Appointment signed between the parties.
- – Advised a Subcontractor in relation to jurisdictional and certain substantive matters relating to prospective claims against the Main Contractor in Dubai under the Subcontract for Project.
- – Advised an Employer in relation to a construction dispute in an ICC Arbitration seated in Abu Dhabi, that has a claim value of million US dollars.
- – Assisted in advising a Buyer in DIAC arbitration, in a dispute arising out of 20 Sale and Purchase agreements with the Seller, seated in Dubai under the laws of UAE, that has a contract value around million US dollars.