Abubakar is an Associate in the Corporate Department at Sharq Law Firm working closely with several governmental institutions and major companies in the Energy, Technology and Infrastructure sectors.
Although primarily based in the Corporate Department, Abubakar works very closely with the Arbitration, Litigation and Banking & Finance Departments and has gained extensive experience in Corporate Governance, drafting Due Diligence reports, drafting financial agreements and directly partaking in negotiations with opposing counsel.
He has been instrumental in developing and expanding the outreach of the Corporate Department and has heavily participated in Business Development, thus expanding the Department’s presence within the local Qatari market. Prior to joining Sharq, Abubakar gained a Master’s degree and a LPC in the United Kingdom.
His major contributions are:
- Advised on the restructuring of a leading secondary school from sole ownership to a family-owned business worth in excess of QAR 30,000,000.
- Advised the Commercial Bank S.Q.C on Qatari law relating to the issuance of bonds by a SPV owned by a Qatari Holding company.
- Drafted an Investment Agreement for the importation of 10 Million N95 respirators into the State of Qatar in light of COVID-19 to be supplied to several health care providers in the State of Qatar.
- Advised on the sale of a 5 Star International Hotel in Doha worth over QAR 70,000,000.
- Advised on Uber’s acquisition of Careem.
- Drafted an extensive Due Diligence report on the feasibility of solar projects within the State of Qatar for the Qatar Ministry of Energy and Kahramaa.
- Advised the Communications Regulatory Authority on the enactment of a new Postal law identifying key stakeholders, the roles of such stakeholders and any liabilities arising therein.
- Drafted a Strategic Corporation Agreement for Al Rabban Oil & Gas commercialising a new method which better extracts heavy oil with a value of QAR 45million.