Mr. Mahmoud currently practices as a Senior Associate in the Corporate/Commercial Department at Sharq Law Firm; working closely with several governmental institutions and major companies in the Education, Energy, Technology, Infrastructure, and Retail sectors. Abubakar regularly advises leading global organisations and has gained substantial experience in commercial and corporate practice.
- – Advised FIFA on Qatari legal and regulatory frameworks in place for the preparation of the FIFA Arab Cup 2021 and the FIFA World Cup 2022 including draft legislations.
- – Advised on Uber’s acquisition of Careem in the State of Qatar.
- – Advised the Communications Regulatory Authority (in association with DLA Piper) on the enactment of a new Postal law.
- – Advised on the restructuring of a QAR 400m company to a holding company.
- – Advised on the incorporation of an investment fund in the Qatar Financial Centre.
- – Advised a confidential client operating in the oil and gas industry on a joint venture to increase the effective capacity of heavy oil pipelines.
- – Advised on the supply of traditional Arabic Islamic natural products to Zulal Wellness Resort – a health initiative led by H.H. Sheikha Moza.
- – Assisted Qatar Development Bank in providing on-spot legal consultancy services to SME businesses.
- – Advised several international companies in undertaking due diligence reviews in the State of Qatar.
- – Advised on the liquidation of business operations in the State of Qatar.
- – Assisted in drafting an Investment Agreement for the importation of 100 million N95 respirators into the State of Qatar in light of COVID-19.
- – Assisted in drafting a Service Agreement between the College of the North Atlantic Qatar and the Ministry of Education & Higher Education regulating the issuance of college degrees.
- – Advised Coventry University (UK) draft procurement of services agreements in collaboration with Qatar University and the Qatar National Research Fund.
- – Incorporated a branch of ASELSAN A.Ş (a Turkish Armed Forces Foundation) under the Qatar Science & Technology Park.
- – Incorporated Milaha Maritime International LLC under the Qatar Financial Centre.
- – Assisted in the termination of McLaren/Al Wajba distribution agreement and advised on post-termination services offered to McLaren clients in Qatar (Exit Agreement).
- – Drafted an Assessment Report of Facebook’s litigation risk in the State of Qatar in the case of being labelled a State Controlled Media by Facebook.