Rizwan is a Corporate & Commercial Associate Lawyer with five years of practice in multiple jurisdictions like Dubai, Qatar and India. Having an outstanding transactional experience and sound understanding of corporate and commercial laws, he has worked with leading law firms in the Middle East and assisted high profile clients over a broad range of legal matters like company incorporations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate restructuring, corporate finance and labor matters. He has also been involved at different levels in arbitration matters before DIFC-LCIA, DIAC and ADCCAC arbitration tribunals in the UAE. He has advised several clients on real estate matters and off plan development projects. He maintains the highest professional standards and ethics.
- Incorporating a JV in the form of a Holding Company between a Qatari Holding Company and a Chinese Infrastructure and Energy Company representing the Government of China.
- Transaction value – 100 million USD.
- Presently incorporating three JVs in the firm of subsidiaries of the previously incorporated.
- Holding Company under the QFCRA to conduct the regulated activities.
- Drafting compliance policy for Gulf Warehousing Company, a listed company in Qatar.
- Incorporation of a Management Company in Qatar Financial Center.
- Acquisition of a Hotel Management Business by Qatar Investment Authority with a transaction value of approximately QAR 2.1 billion.
- Acquisition of assets relating to sporting business by Qatar Investment Authority with a transaction value of approximately QAR 3.7 billion.
- Acquisition of assets relating to a real estate project for the development of a health club with a transaction value of approximately QAR 1.2 billion.
- Acquisition of Land by Qatar Investment Authority with a transaction Value of approximately QAR 500 million.
- Advised Ooredoo QSC on the issuance of bonds worth USD 5 Billion from a Qatari law perspective.
- Cross-border joint venture between a Spanish, a Scottish and a Qatari company regarding a real estate project in Qatar Petroleum District.
- Joint venture between a Qatari Company and a Malaysian Hotel Management Company for developing and managing a chain of hotels in MENA region. The initial transaction value was approximately QAR 370 million.
- Joint venture between a British and a Qatari Company on providing broadcasting services in the Middle East region.