Marwa Ali Bamatraf
Marwa has a Bachelor of Laws from Qatar University, a Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course from BPP University in the UK. Before joining Sharq, Marwa did 12 internships with International and local law firms and companies where she gained practical experience.
Marwa has studied both the Civil legal system at Qatar University and the Common Law system in the UK.
A general corporate/commercial trainee associate with a diversified experience in Civil and Common law jurisdictions. Marwa works in general corporate, labour and regulatory matters including but not limited to drafting of different kinds of commercial and civil agreements, drafting of companies’ by laws, drafting and preparing of EGM and OGM documents, doing legal research, rendering high- level legal opinions on different areas of laws, drafting of family constitutions and advising clients on day- to – day corporate works.
Ms. Bamatraf has experience in the Qatari Laws and the British Law. Additionally, she has also done many pro-bono work and represented Qatar University in International competitions. She graduated with a 3.4 GPA after doing her LLB and got a Commendationin the LPC. She was an active student and was a member in the Law Club and Debate club.
- Incorporating a JV in the form of a Holding Company between a Qatari Holding Company and a Chinese Infrastructure and Energy Company representing the Government of China.Transaction value – 100 million USD.
- Presently incorporating three JVs in the firm of subsidiaries of the previously incorporated.
- Holding Company under the QFCRA to conduct the regulated activities.
- Legal Translation Service PRO BONO- BPP University, United Kingdom – 2016
- Internship at Allen & Overy- Qatar – 2017
- Internship at Pinsent Masons- Qatar – 2015
- Qatar Financial Center Regulatory Authority- Ten weeks internship in the Enforcement department.
- Qatar University, College of Law, Part-time Student Employee- professor assistant- Qatar – 2013.
- Internship at McNair Chambers- Qatar – 2012.
- Internship at Simmons & Simmons LLP- Qatar – 2012
- Internship at Eversheds- Qatar – 2012
- Internship at Pinsent Masons- Qatar – 2012.
- Internship at UGGC- Qatar – 2012
- Participant in the International Media Law Moot Court Competition in Oxford University (oral – writing- research) – Oxford, UK – 2012.
Participant in the Monroe E. Price Media Law Moot Court Competition Middle East Regional Round – Qatar – 2012
- American Bar Association Women’s Mentoring Program at Qatar University Middle East Regional Round – Qatar – 2012
- Participant in the International Media Law Moot Court Competition in Oxford University
(oral – writing- research) – Oxford, UK
- Internship at CLYDE & Co Law firm (Qatar)
- 2011 Internship at Al-Tamimi Law firm (Qatar)
- 2011 Internship at El Meouchi Law Firm (Qatar)