Marwa Ali Bamatraf
arwa has a Bachelor of Laws from Qatar University, a Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course from BPP University in the UK. Before joining Sharq, Marwa did 12 internships with International and local law ﬁrms and companies where she gained practical experience. systemin the UK and has joined Sharq Law Firm in 2017.
Marwa regularly advises international and local companies in connection to corporate, regulatory and commercial matters as well as assisting clients in commercial and civil disputes at Sharq Law Firm. Upon joining Sharq Law Firm, Marwa has worked in commercial, litigation and arbitration departments where she gained experience in various aspects of the law and gained skills from drafting and reviewing agreements to representing clients in the various stages of litigation. In addition to her experience in commercial matters, she has experience in dealing and advising on capital market (including QFMA and QE regulations), governance of various forms of companies and has extensive experience in labour and civil laws. Marwa also acted as a lead member in Sharq Law Firm appointed as the local council for arbitration claims by advising on the Qatari law.
- Advised the State of Qatar acting through the Ministry of Finance on the issuance of bonds including reviewing and drafting prospectus, a Due Diligence and transactional documents on USD 12,000,000,000 international bond issuance in 2019;
- Established a Public Shareholding Company owned by QP (QAMCO) including advising on the structure, review of prospectus and drafting the establishment documents (Capital of QAR 1,000,000,000);
- Restructured a Canadian college and drafted and advised on the constitutional documents and agreements between the Canadian University and the Government of Qatar;
- Conducted Due Diligence report for Deliveroo;
- Advised on Qatar Pharma IPO;
- Advised on Baladna IPO;
- Conducted a due diligence report for Qatar Investment Authority on a transfer of assets valued at QAR 6.7 Billion.
- Drafted two Emiri decrees in relation to the issuance of bond and establishment of a state-owned college.
- Drafting and Reviewing a Facility Agreement as per the Islamic finance (Murabaha Agreement) for the amount of QAR 2,200,000,000;
- Restructuring a Private Qatari Shareholding Company (a bank under QFC) to a Limited Liability Company.
- Representing a construction/contracting company in a litigation case with a claim amount of QAR 1.17bn.
- Representing Black Cat in the Qatari Courts in a claim of QAR 100mn.
- Representing Energy City against Qatari Diar in the Qatari Courts in a claim of QAR 94mn.