Josias de Salles
Josias is a Barrister (non-practicing) in England and Wales, who is part of the Construction and Arbitration team at Sharq Law Firm. Prior to joining Sharq Law Firm, Josias had also gained extensive experience in regulatory matters, with a particular focus on the financial services and insurance sectors.
Josias regularly advises medium to large scale contractors based in the Middle East in connection with construction contract disputes, as well as acting in both international and domestic arbitrations.
- Advising a major international contractor in a dispute in relation to a landmark Qatari infrastructure project. The contract value is in excess of QAR 800 million.
- Acting for the Claimant in an ICC arbitration in London. The project was the construction of one of Qatar’s largest expressways. The value of the dispute is approximately QAR 100 million.
- Acting for the Claimant in an ICC arbitration in Doha, Qatar. The dispute relates to the construction of an opulent mansion in Doha, Qatar.
- Acted for the Claimant in a QICCA arbitration in Doha involving multiple Respondents and consolidation of multiple contracts. The dispute was in relation to the supply of manpower.
- Advising a major listed company on a cross-border dispute involving one of the worlds largest land reclamation projects.