Beril Kurucayirli who is part of the corporate team and regularly advises clients on the incorporation process of entities under Qatari law, mergers and acquisitions, share disposals, shareholder/joint venture agreements, agency contracts, corporate lease agreements and commercial agreements. Beril has experience with the Financial Conduct Authority and Qatar Financial Centre rules and regulations.
To support our clients even better, Beril acts as contact person for our own Turkish desk, advises clients on general Qatar, English and Turkish law issues relating to corporate matters. In this context, she primarily advises Turkish companies who are interested to be active in the State of Qatar or in other domestics on general corporate issues. Beril practices corporate law but can liaise with other departments at the firm.
- Advised and provided legal services to FIFA in connection with the drafting, discussions, proposals and legislative process regarding Qatari Laws.
- Drafting and amending diﬀerent types of Agreements including Shareholder Agreement, Franchise Agreements, IT Service Agreements, Services Agreements, Lease Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and Memoranda of Understanding.
- Advised Canadian tech-health company on Qatar’s health regulatory framework.
- Reviewed and advised on Baladna IPO documents.
Before joining Sharq Law Firm, Beril previously worked in London at an FCA-regulated global investment and merchant banking ﬁrm called New World Capital Advisors, where she worked on contract negotiations for leading Sovereign Wealth Funds, Asset Management firms and family offices on corporate transactions. Prior to this, she did internships at White & Case and UK Magic Circle law firms Allen & Overy and Cliﬀord Chance.
- Legal Analyst at New World Capital Advisors, 2017, London.
- Internship at Allen & Overy, 2015, Qatar.
- Internship at Cliﬀord Chance, 2015, Qatar.
- Internship at White & Case, 2015, Qatar.