Ahmed Amin is a dedicated lawyer with specialization in general commercial legal matters. Apart from his specialization in commercial matters, Mr. Amin has dealt intensively with capital market, civil and labour laws whether in Qatar or Egypt. His diversified qualifications has been built through working with local, international and governmental entities.
Prior to joining Sharq Law Firm, Mr. Amin started his career at Shalakany Law Office in Egypt as a Corporate Associate in 2011 until January 2015. Mr. Amin was also trained at the Egyptian Stock Exchange and Sarie Eldin & Partners Law Firm in Egypt before his graduation in 2011.
- Incorporating a JV in the form of a Holding Company between a Qatari Holding Company and a Chinese Infrastructure and Energy Company representing the Government of China.
Transaction value – 100 million USD.
- Presently incorporating three JVs in the firm of subsidiaries of the previously incorporated. Holding Company under the QFCRA to conduct the regulated activities.
- Mr. Amin advised Gulf Warehousing Company, one of the biggest logistic companies in Qatar, on its first selling rights issue shares in Qatar.
- Mr. Amin has advised on a 9 billion USD international bond issuance issued by the State of Qatar in 2016.
- Mr. Amin worked on many M&A deals in Egypt including an acquisition worth USD 40 million of a big international oil and gas company. He participated in drafting due diligence report, drafting of SPA and negotiation between the parties.
- Mr. Amin advised a consortium of banks, large investment companies and a prominent Qatari public body in charge of managing the Qatar World Cup 2022 file on a USD 300 million real estate project related to designating and offering plots of lands including stadiums for foreign investment. My role included drafting Emiri Decree to grant the prominent public body a usufruct right over such plots of land, rendering high- level legal advices on Qatari law to assist the investors understand the Qatari laws related to real estate.
- Mr. Amin Providing legislative and regulation services to the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Finance in Qatar for reviewing and commenting on drafts of laws.
- Mr. Amin drafted 2 Emiri decrees for usufruct rights and international bond sale.
- Mr. Amin reviewed and commented on Manateq draft law in association with K&L Gates.
- Mr. Amin is advising our clients with regard to their daily corporate work including but not limited to setting up companies, JVs, OGM, EGM, renewing the companies’ licenses, amending & company’s bylaws and drafting and reviewing different kinds of commercial agreements.