Rashid Al Saad
Rashid Al Saad was previously General Counsel at Qatari Diar and Qatar Rail. His experience covers all areas of Construction, Hotels, Arbitration & Litigation, Transactions, Estate, Corporate as well as Project Finance.
He has been instrumental in drafting and negotiating agreements for some of the most sophisticated transactions in Qatar.
Mr. Al Saad has extensive knowledge and experience in major infrastructure projects, rail projects and large-scale commercial transactions, particularly cross-border transactions and ventures, outsourcings and Public Private Partner-ship (“PPP”) projects in the State of Qatar and abroad. He also specializes in real estate.
- Founding and Senior Partner, Sharq Law Firm.
- Drafted Qatar Rail legislations.
- Led the team responsible for drafting the yellow FIDIC Contract for all contracting packaging of Qatar Rail projects of value QAR 60 billion.
- Led Ruffles’ Hotels joint ventures with Qatari Diar.
- Advisory Board member in Qatar Financial Centre.
- Lead lawyer in assisting Qatar Pharma and Baladna in lisitng an IPO at the primary market in the Qatari regulated Stock Exchange.
- Advising The State of Qatar acting through the Ministry of Finance On Facility Agreement.
- The transaction was a complex multi-jurisdictional transaction. Matter value USD 10 Billion.
- Designed the legal panel services for Qatar Rail.
- Led the transaction of transferring Royal Monceau and Peninsula hotel to Katara hospitality.
- Worked with Qatari Diar on global deals relating to the Chelsea Barracks transaction.
- Advising on international real estate transactions, finance and acquisitions; establishing policies and procedures for Qatari Diar board and corporate; advising on the assignment of bidders for the main contracts of value USD 23 billion.
- Drafting contracts and agreements relating to Qatari Diar’s transaction to payout DBI (Deutsch Bahn International); Qatar Railway framework regulation; Railway law for land acquisition & tunneling; Main contract for metro-FIDIC.
- Gulf Warehousing Company-Assisting and advising Client in listing Rights Issue value worth QAR 586,031,480.
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)-Transactions regarding transfer of several assets – QAR 6.7 Billion.
- Alkhaleej Takaful Group-Advising Client on the/termination of the health Insurance Scheme in Qatar- over QAR 1 Billion.
- Black-Cat Engineering and Construction WLL – Litigation valued in QAR 104 Million Acrossit Industry and Trading litigation valued in QAR 34 Million.
- Represented Villaggio Fire Family Victims- Litigation valued at QAR 280 Million.
- Qatar Property Management – Representing Client in an Arbitration matter at the ICC Valued at QAR 100 Million.
- Tanween WLL – Representing Client in Arbitration regarding Termination for Convenience by Owner- Valued at QAR 69 Million.
- Techno Q – Representing the Client in a litigation valued at QR 32,000,000.
- Al Ali Engineering – Representing Client in an Arbitration matter at the ICC- Valued at QR 28, 000, 000 – Twenty-Eight Million Qatari Riyals. [CONFIDENTIAL].
- Investment House – Restructuring Real Estate Fund for Tornado Tower, Qatar. Value: QAR 1.8 Billion.
- AFCONS Infrastructure Limited – Rendering mediation, litigation or arbitration support to recover the claimed values. Value: QR 25, 000, 000.
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) – Transactions regarding transfer of several assets – Valued at QAR 6.7 Billion.
- Qatar Railways – Advising Qatar Railways on setting up a Real Estate fund in Qatar Worked with Qatari Diar on global deals relating to the Chelsea Barracks transaction.
- Advised QInvest on acquiring interest in a real estate company.
- Advised Doha Bank on mortgaging real estate assets in the Pearl.
- Advised Qatar First Bank on acquiring Usufruct interest in a commercial tower in Doha.
- Represented Citibank, Barclays, Telecom Egypt and Airtel in connection with four due diligences relating to merger and acquisition in Egypt.
- Worked on the acquisition of assets by a company based in UK in a company based in Dubai Silicon Oasis.
- Worked on acquisition of a real estate project worth 2.1 billion in Dubai Motor City by an Islamic Financial Institute.
- Lead lawyer in the acquisition of business & assets by Qatar Investment Authority with a total transaction value of 6.7 billion QAR.